Valentine's Day Laser Achievement

guild news, policies, and raid information
Inori

Valentine's Day Laser Achievement

Post by Inori » February 8th, 2015, 7:57 pm

My understanding is that with eleven people each with 55 charges (that means you need to have the unique prism in your bags plus an additional 40 tokens so you can buy a second prism), you can get his achievement done for all eleven people in an hour.

Yes, it is stupid. Yes, you have to stay for the full hour even if you're the first one done. Trying to see if we have enough people so I can throw this up on the calendar.

Also, please comment on the Blizzard forums that this achievement is bad design -- that way they don't design future achievements in the same manner.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16203160744

-HP

draven

Re: Valentine's Day Laser Achievement

Post by draven » February 8th, 2015, 8:29 pm

i was wondering how to do this and it seemed stupid based on the little i read, but after reading that it turns out it's much worse. with 11 people, assuming perfect execution, you'd only need 1 prism because you won't be casting on yourself? in any case, i'd prolly be up for doing this sometime. curious to see if blizz responds to any of the complaints.

Inori

Post by Inori » February 8th, 2015, 9:14 pm

You're right. The openraid.us group that I was looking at when I made the post required 65 charges for 11 people. I bet the leader wanted slack so that if someone did mess up, they wouldn't have to wait for someone to farm 400 charms to buy another prism (400 charms = 40 bracelets = 40 tokens = 1 prism) since that would definitely derail the group. I'm inclined to do the same as well. I have a prism with 41 charges left on it, so I just need to do a couple dailies to have 40 tokens in the bank for another 50 charges.

In any case, I made a TL;DR post in the Blizzard thread. I bet this achievement was designed by the same person who made those watch your step achievements and no damage achievements for the Golden Lotus and Shado-pan dailies.

-HP

draven

Post by draven » February 13th, 2015, 11:45 pm

for anyone that may be interested, averyzan and a few others are also looking to get this done this weekend, so hopefully we can get a group together and not have to deal with pugs.