Name (first name only): Emily
Character Name: Isvelyn
Realm: Destromath-US
Class: Hunter
Level: 100
Main Spec: Marksmanship
Off Spec: Beast Mastery
Trade skills: Skinning/Leatherworking

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes to all.
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
**2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic** ...this
**3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of** ...and this

4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced
-- I am aware that at the time of this posting I do not have the superior enchants and I have 2 blue items. I haven't gotten around to applying them since I've only been in LFG raids, only tonight after coming to this site and deciding to apply have I been more aware of how un-enchanting I am (ha, i made a funny) and I should definitely respec a little. I will be more than happy to work on that straight away upon consideration.

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
-- I have been playing WoW since early 2008, smack dab in the middle of BC. This character is not my original "Isvelyn," there have been two previous ones, each on other accounts that I shared with two different people with whom I am no longer in contact, so I have lost access to those toons. /cry
BC: I was very casual, probably the most casual anyone can be, being new to the game and all.
WotLK: I became involved as a core raider and/or officer in a few guilds:
-- Alliance <Entropic> core raider during Naxx/first half of Ulduar.
-- Alliance and Horde <Awaken> core raider during second half of Ulduar/ToC (If I would have logged on 15 or so minutes earlier I would have been in the raid that acquired the Destromath realm first "Death's Demise" achiev for Yogg'Saron no lights), lost access to my 1st "Isvelyn" during this time, rerolled on a friend's RaF account and joined <Awaken> Horde successor guild <Intensity> as a casual player.
-- Alliance <Rules of Business> officer/core raider as well as being involved in screened pugs led by our guild during ICC/RS, lost access to my 2nd "Isvelyn" then decided to reroll on an account with my own information like a big girl.
Cata: Most of my <Rules of Business> guildmates had began to focus more on PvP arena/rbg's whereas the rest of us still wanted to raid so we joined Alliance guild <Big> as core raiders during BWD/BoT/ToFW, then things weren't going so hot in the guild so we all went back to <Rules of Business> and joined the others in PvP arena/rbg's where my highest rank was Knight-Lieutenant.
MoP: Focused on PvP still, but casual LFG raider on the side. Canceled my subscription to WoW early December 2013.
WoD: Came back to the game January 2015. I feel like I have the LFG raid fights down, downed Blackhand tonight for the first time. I have no Normal/Heroic/Mythic experience, so I understand that if taken into consideration I will likely not be classified as a Raider from the get-go.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
-- Lack of active players and the ones who are only PvP, and I am currently not interested in that. I've been solo queueing for LFG raids and running legacy raids to reacquire old achievements, mounts, etc. so I am out of the loop so to speak.

How did you find out about our guild?
-- I've seen you guys around for years. I don't remember right off the bat who it was but someone advertised in trade chat tonight and I thought I'd check you guys out. Y'all seem cool from your website description, and I've never heard of any <Forged Alliance> drama.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
-- I haven't checked the roster but maybe some from Destromath know OF me. I've been around a while so it's possible.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
-- This is my main, and my only 100. I also have: Alliance 93 priest (Kadua), Alliance 90 paladin (Zagoris), Alliance 76 rogue (Fengapapit), and Horde 63 mage (Phreaque). Had a few more lowbies but I recently did a character list cleanup of ones I wasn't considering playing anymore and they went bye-bye.

What are your play times?
-- I live in Okahoma (CST) and I work regular office hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. I have a 7 year old daughter, and have joint custody of her with her father. So Saturday nights thru Wednesday nights I am available in-game sometime between 7pm and 2am. Thursday and Friday nights I may not be available until around 10pm. Sundays I am available all day.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
-- Either one.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
-- Yes. Been there done that. I'm happy to raid with alts even though this is my main. I am undergeared and would be a new member so I have no problem letting the regulars and the big dogs go ahead of me to promote guild progression.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
-- battle.net, wowhead.com, icy-veins.com... Don't know of any other except mmo-champion.com and elitistjerks.com which I have not checked in years.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
-- Not this round, yet.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Agility Flask (+250 Agi) or Draenic Agility Flask (+200 agi) because you can always use more agility.
- Well Fed: Pickled Eel (+125 Crit) because crits are super effective!
- Potion: Draenic Agility Potion (+1000 agi for 25 sec) because agility.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
-- Neck/Back/Rings all crit enchants; all crit gems; Megawatt Filament for ranged weapon.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
-- Favorite boss fight ever? Hmm... so many choices, but abridged version it'd be a 3-way tie between Magtheridon, Yogg'Saron, and Lich King.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
-- Deadly Boss Mods.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
-- youtube.com, wowhead.com

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
-- Thank you for your time, obviously I hope you will consider me. I'm currently at average Item Level 651 (or gearscore for anyone who remembers that one). You'll probably all laugh at my blue ring and blue trinket and lesser enchants but unfortunately I do not control what drops off bosses, and since I've only been in LFG I don't feel like going all out on the enchants, so I've just been saving my gold (except when acquiring an achievement or rare item requires spending of said gold). But if I'm in a guild where the best enchants matter, then it matters to me too. I am a fast learner, flexible and open-minded, with a sense of humor, and outside of WoW I am a tad nerdy, I may be shy at first but I will open up, I promise. I'm not about the drama unlike a lot of other girls I've encountered in this game. I'm currently working on legendary quest line, 108 abrogator stones at the time of this post. I miss being involved in a populated and active guild, I fear I've forgotten what it's like, the guild I'm in is has been so dead for so long. They're great people, don't get me wrong, there just aren't many left and they're all on a different track than I am and I'm looking for a change of scenery and more friends. Let me know if you have additional questions for me, I'll be happy to provide more information.
(I feel like I put so much more time and effort into this application than I normally would a real life job application...)

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
-- I feel like this has pretty much covered the important points. I've seen a few other guilds' applications in the past and this is similar. The raid experience question really brought me down memory lane, though, thinking of all those old raids and guilds and guildmates. Thanks again, for that. Here goes... *clicks Submit*

draven

Re: Isvelyn

Post by draven » March 27th, 2015, 11:05 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good.
Isvelyn wrote: **2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic** ...this
**3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of** ...and this
we are still a bit short of having enough people for mythic, we may or may not get there someday.
Isvelyn wrote: Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced
-- I am aware that at the time of this posting I do not have the superior enchants and I have 2 blue items. I haven't gotten around to applying them since I've only been in LFG raids, only tonight after coming to this site and deciding to apply have I been more aware of how un-enchanting I am (ha, i made a funny) and I should definitely respec a little. I will be more than happy to work on that straight away upon consideration.
you should at least put a lesser enchant on your cloak and a greater enchant on your 680 ring, although if you are close to getting the 690 ring it's probably fine to wait. for the most part, the raider requirements try to reflect a common sense approach to gems / enchants. it's a balance between wasting gold / materials on easily replaced gear and ensuring that you are maximizing your character.
Isvelyn wrote: Does anyone in our guild know you?
-- I haven't checked the roster but maybe some from Destromath know OF me. I've been around a while so it's possible.
i recognize your name, i never know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. you're not on my ignore list so that counts for something ;)
Isvelyn wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
-- Thank you for your time, obviously I hope you will consider me. I'm currently at average Item Level 651 (or gearscore for anyone who remembers that one). You'll probably all laugh at my blue ring and blue trinket and lesser enchants but unfortunately I do not control what drops off bosses
*snip*
(I feel like I put so much more time and effort into this application than I normally would a real life job application...)
there is a limit to the gear you can get outside of real raids, and much like gearscore was, ilvl is only a number. gear is relatively easy to acquire, while competent, dedicated raiders are much harder to come by.

in a way, the application is sort of like a job application, and much like a job application your interest in the guild and raiding is reflected in the effort you put into it, so thank you for your time, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)