Account Hacked

guild news, policies, and raid information
Yummys

Account Hacked

Post by Yummys » June 29th, 2014, 10:54 am

So my account has been hacked, and several of my toons have been transfered and moved. My mage is no longer part of guild =( Me and michelle's guild bank was taken for some money too. If someone can check the FA bank that would be great. I dont want anything to be taken from there as well. Hoping this gets fixed soon. Thanks

draven

Re: Account Hacked

Post by draven » June 29th, 2014, 1:08 pm

aww :( gbank looks fine, although the permissions are set up in a way that usually prevents much damage, and blizz is usually pretty good about restoring stuff anyway. hopefully they get you fixed up soon.

Inori

Post by Inori » June 29th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Doesn't transferring a character cost actual dollars? I'm surprised that there's enough real money to be had by selling gold to offset the logistics costs of stealing accounts and moving characters around to realms to consolidate/sell gold. I suppose if you use stolen credit card accounts to pay for the transfer, but if you already have a stolen credit card, isn't WoW a really weird way of laundering money?

-HP

draven

Post by draven » June 29th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Inori wrote:Doesn't transferring a character cost actual dollars? I'm surprised that there's enough real money to be had by selling gold to offset the logistics costs of stealing accounts and moving characters around to realms to consolidate/sell gold. I suppose if you use stolen credit card accounts to pay for the transfer, but if you already have a stolen credit card, isn't WoW a really weird way of laundering money?
i've always wondered this as well, cause it usually seems like hacked characters are transferred, although i guess if the transfers don't cost them anything with stolen cards, selling a virtual currency is probably harder to track then buying physical things with the cards, but you'd think there would be a better scam.

Yummys

Post by Yummys » June 30th, 2014, 9:58 am

So I got my toons back. YAY =) My mage was basically a gold mule for them lol