Apok Application

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
Apok

Apok Application

Post by Apok » August 13th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Name (first name only): Alex
Character Name: Apok
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Deathknight (previous mains Priest, Mage, Lock, Shaman, Rouge)
Level: 120
Main Spec: unholy
Off Spec(s):Frost/never tanked but open to try

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying Yes
- Raiding and Rosters yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
Was with a heroic raiding Guild during Lich King, Looking to get back into raiding for shadow lands. In Cata the guild fell apart and everyone I joined seemed negative and hostel so I just leveled alts and played for fun.

Please link your armory profile: FYI just leveled this character last month to play in shadowlands so its still leveling/entry gear -_-
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... oore/apok/

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Nightly Raider from Crusades till middle of Cata when guild fell apart. Since then just been a casual player in spare time.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Just ended, we were a tight group of friends so it was difficult to replace.

How did you find our guild?
Trade chat, and liked seeing a mature group focus

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Best for the spec always

What consumables do you use during raids?
Flask, pots, food, and any other consumables required.

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use?
DBM, GTFO, Omni CC, Recount, Nug

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Really excited for shadowlands and looking to get back into raiding with a good group with good energy that aren't screaming at each other. Even if the raid teams are full I would still be interested in joining if I can get assistance or join in from time to time.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
No this is normal to me, I miss forums.

draven

Re: Apok Application

Post by draven » August 13th, 2020, 9:42 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good to me.
Apok wrote: Off Spec(s):Frost/never tanked but open to try
we generally encourage people to play whatever they prefer, although we are set for tanks at the moment.
Apok wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
Was with a heroic raiding Guild during Lich King, Looking to get back into raiding for shadow lands.
in case it matters, our goal these days to is clear heroic at a reasonable pace and play around with mythic if there is enough time and interest.
Apok wrote: Please link your armory profile: FYI just leveled this character last month to play in shadowlands so its still leveling/entry gear -_-
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... oore/apok/
no worries, you're a bit undergeared for heroic ny'alotha but that is relatively easy to fix with mythic+ if so desired. there are several people who run mythic+, mostly on sunday / monday nights. otherwise if you're just interested in getting ready for shadowlands then it doesn't matter at this point.
Apok wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Really excited for shadowlands and looking to get back into raiding with a good group with good energy that aren't screaming at each other. Even if the raid teams are full I would still be interested in joining if I can get assistance or join in from time to time.
i don't see the point in yelling at people in a game so you wouldn't have to worry about that here. with flex raids there is generally always a spot for heroic since we never have 30 people, and it almost never an issue for mythic either.
Apok wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
No this is normal to me, I miss forums.
things are pretty dead on the forums these days but i find that a basic application process still yields the best results, and i try still make a point of posting at least basic information and updates. if nothing else there is an almost endless amount of stuff to read about the guilds evolution over the years.

anywho, if you're still interested please track someone down online. the easiest way to do so is probably through our Forged Alliance community, more info on that is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5598