Post by ynwajlrl » April 16th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Name (first name only): John
Character Name: Starbaker
Realm: Proudmoore
Class: Priest
Level: 120
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec(s): Disc/Shadow

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying YES
- Raiding and Rosters YES

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic

I am somewhere between these two -- I enjoy heroic raiding and was successful in Legion. I feel like I have the dedication to make sure that I am pushing my character as hard as possible, mixed with the patience to push difficult content. I do have 2 small kids (4 and 6) so I don't think that being part of a mythic group is something that I can commit to. That said, I should be able to attend most raid nights and if I have to miss for some reason I know in advance.

Please link your armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /starbaker

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant. I have raided in BC (just started, mostly Kara and Gruuls/Mags lair) -- WoTLK (all raids in a 10 man guild as the guild leader/raid leader) -- Cata (first tier, 10 man) -- Legion (AOTC in all but EN). Just coming back to prepare for Shadowlands.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? I moved to Proudmore to play with a friend but they don't really raid so looking for a fresh start with a guild.

How did you find our guild? Wow forums

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? I typically will run sims through raidbots.io and enchant/gem accordingly.

What consumables do you use during raids? Flasks/pots for pre-potting/food for best stat/mana pots for healing

What boss mod(s) / addons do you use? Bigwigs

Is there anything else you want to tell us? I just boosted this character, so the gear is obviously not great -- I am looking to get into a guild that takes raiding seriously, but also understands that real life can sometimes get in the way. I prefer to heal on my priest, but I can also go shadow if needed on fights. I can play all 3 specs and make sure that I am up to date on all of the specs. I am also flexible and can switch to other classes/roles if need be (though tanking is my weakest/least confident role).

I am hoping to be able to get in with a good group of people and earn my spot heading into Shadowlands. I know that it is late in the expansion so don't expect to do much raiding now other than filling holes if needed. I also like running M+ and am willing to prove my worth there as well!

I also have a 120 Warrior/Druid that I can flex to as well, with more alts coming!

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I think these are all good questions -- it's an interesting time with so many people coming back to the game so perhaps asking if people are looking to raid right now or looking to integrate for the upcoming expansion.

draven

Re: Application: Starbaker (Priest)

Post by draven » April 17th, 2020, 5:57 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good for now.
ynwajlrl wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic

I am somewhere between these two -- I enjoy heroic raiding and was successful in Legion. I feel like I have the dedication to make sure that I am pushing my character as hard as possible, mixed with the patience to push difficult content. I do have 2 small kids (4 and 6) so I don't think that being part of a mythic group is something that I can commit to. That said, I should be able to attend most raid nights and if I have to miss for some reason I know in advance.
#2 is the best description of what we are these days but attendance isn't required, especially if you've more important things to attend to. generally my only request is to ensure that your status is updated on the calendar invites or posted elsewhere so that i can plan accordingly.
ynwajlrl wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us? I just boosted this character, so the gear is obviously not great -- I am looking to get into a guild that takes raiding seriously, but also understands that real life can sometimes get in the way. I prefer to heal on my priest, but I can also go shadow if needed on fights. I can play all 3 specs and make sure that I am up to date on all of the specs. I am also flexible and can switch to other classes/roles if need be (though tanking is my weakest/least confident role).

I am hoping to be able to get in with a good group of people and earn my spot heading into Shadowlands. I know that it is late in the expansion so don't expect to do much raiding now other than filling holes if needed. I also like running M+ and am willing to prove my worth there as well!

I also have a 120 Warrior/Druid that I can flex to as well, with more alts coming!
at the moment we definitely need healers so if you've any interest in joining us in ny'alotha we should be able to help you gear up, but be warned that leveling your neck / cloak will probably be a grind. otherwise no worries if you're just looking to hang out until shadowlands.

we generally encourage people to play whatever they prefer and things usually get shuffled around in new expansions anyway, our focus is to find good people and build the group accordingly. there are also several of us who are altoholics, with any luck playing them will be less masochistic in shadowlands.
ynwajlrl wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I think these are all good questions -- it's an interesting time with so many people coming back to the game so perhaps asking if people are looking to raid right now or looking to integrate for the upcoming expansion.
that's an interesting point, i've never really thought about it. we are obscure enough on the server that it's somewhat unusual to get an app from someone planning that far in advance.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite, or you can join our forged alliance community here: https://forgedalliance.org/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5598