Update: Finals = More Raid Absences !

guild news, policies, and raid information
Waterdrop

Update: Finals = More Raid Absences !

Post by Waterdrop » September 11th, 2011, 6:49 pm

I've gotten my midterm schedules this past week during first week of classes, so as a heads up, I'm just going to list the dates I will most likely not be able to raid due to having to cram for exams. Even though this is at least 3 weeks in advance, I'll post it anyways.

I have midterms on October 4, 7, 18, 19, 20 and November 3, and 9.

Therefore, I probably will skip out on:
  • Thursday, October 6
  • Tuesday, October 18 (I have an exam on my birthday and the next 2 days after D:)
  • Tuesday, November 1 (Maybe but probably not, depending on how I feel about the course and how much studying I need to do)
  • Tuesday, November 8
I'll only be missing around 3-4 raid days, so it's not too bad. The rest of my exams are either on Tuesdays or Thursdays, and for the most part, they should be in class so they shouldn't clash with raiding schedules ... but I'll have to check on that as the time comes. But yeah, my midterm schedule doesn't seem like it's any worse than last year, so I think I'll be able to juggle minimal WoW raiding and school. Obviously, if I start struggling (I have papers and assignments due and possibly co-op applications and interviews to do inbetween exams) then I might have to be MIA for most of mid October but I hope that won't happen. Oh well, we'll see and figure stuff out as the time comes since there's still quite a bit of time; this is really nothing more than an overview of how exam time will affect my attendance to raids.
Finals !

For sure absence dates:
  • December 6
  • December 15
Potential absence dates:
  • December 13
Missing December 6 will probably mean that I'll miss the first day of 4.3 since it'll probably come out at that time. ): But what can I do; I have an exam at 7pm that night. Sigh, I hate finals.
Last edited by Waterdrop on November 22nd, 2011, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inori

Re: Midterms = Raid Absences !

Post by Inori » September 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Yeah, thank God I was done with college before WoW existed. I would have flunked out of school.

-HP

draven

Post by draven » September 11th, 2011, 11:23 pm

thanks for the heads up, school > wow so no worries.
Inori wrote:Yeah, thank God I was done with college before WoW existed. I would have flunked out of school.

-HP
indeed, i had enough issues with starcraft, quake, and unreal. wow would have been the end of me.

Waterdrop

Post by Waterdrop » November 3rd, 2011, 11:19 pm

Bump. Last midterm !

I'll be posting my final schedule soon too ... I hope it won't conflict with 4.3 release :S; I don't want to miss the first attempts and first time in the raid.

Daghi

Post by Daghi » November 3rd, 2011, 11:33 pm

WoW almost cost me Physics I and Calc II, that was a rough semester.

WarmApplePie

Post by WarmApplePie » November 4th, 2011, 8:08 am

I had to choose between a Midterm and a Counter-strike match for First place in the Stronger then All league.

I chose poorly.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Shaklin

Post by Shaklin » November 4th, 2011, 9:51 pm

WarmApplePie wrote:I had to choose between a Midterm and a Counter-strike match for First place in the Stronger then All league.

I chose poorly.
You only went to college for the fast internet connection. :D

Waterdrop

Re: Update: Finals = More Raid Absences !

Post by Waterdrop » November 22nd, 2011, 11:39 am

Updated.