Name (first name only if you prefer): Cesar
Character Name: Dognan
Class: Mage
Level: 85
Main Spec: Arcane
Off Spec: Frost
Trade skills: Enchanter/Tailoring
PvP or PvE focus? PVE

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying - Yes
- Ranks - Yes
- About Us -Yes

What is your raid experience?
I raided a lot on pre-BC and BC on wrath i raided little bacause of masters and on cata have been a casual raider.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I am still here (Temperamental) but the raid groups are pretty much full and i am not able to raid. so i want to change for a guild where i can see end content.

Does anyone in our guild know you? no

How did you find out about our guild? searching on line for guild standings and it list you as 29 of server.

How many alts do you have and is this your main? i have 7 alts and yes this is my main. Alts name are (Gnoter - Warrior, Hunahpy - Hunter, Yolihuani - Priest, Snakepit - Rogue, others are very low level.) If guild needs me to chage to one of them i am flexible.

What are your play times? monday - thursday after 6 server any time. on weekends ocationally.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? Group 2

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yes, guild progression comes first.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? yes.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Draconic Mind
- Well Fed: Severed Sagefish Head
- Potion: Volcanic potion

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid? Spell Miss chance needs to read 0 - it needs to be around 16%

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? Intelect over everything, every gem needs to have intelect.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? Hit until cap -> Crit

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? I really dont have a favorit i thing all bosses present their own difuculty and its good to build a strategy to get them down.

What boss mod(s) do you use? To many to discribe here are a couple (Mage nuggets, deadly boss mod, raven, skada dmg meter, threat meter, other)

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively? youtube is the best to get to know things. then basically search the net for descriptions now we also have available the tool from wow that tells us the special abilities.

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nan/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?

draven

Re: Dognan Application

Post by draven » August 22nd, 2011, 5:07 pm

greetings. thanks for the app. just so you are aware, group 2 is generally full so there probably wouldn't be a spot for you there. if group 3 ever gets running, they want to run tuesday / wednesday so that may work out.
as for your gear, you are missing a belt buckle and boot enchant, and your hit rating looks to be very low. i'm sure benvolo, master of all things magery, will be along to provide further insight.

Dognan

Post by Dognan » August 22nd, 2011, 9:18 pm

Thanks for the quick replay i am willing to learn and spec anyway that i am told. If ther is someone that can provide some insight i will be more than happy to listen from him. Let me know if you need me to log sometime so we can talk. :)

Thanks,

Benvolo

Post by Benvolo » August 23rd, 2011, 3:54 pm

Hit is capped at 17% not 16%. Which comes out to like 1742 hit or so I think. As arcane you do not want to reforge to crit under most circumstances, reforging to mastery is generally better, unless you have some unusual things going on with your gear. Besides the gear corrections Draven mentioned, the trinket you are using that procs spirit is bad. Just about any other trinket would be better than that. Perhaps the trinket you can get from TB dailies would be a good fit, since you are only at 10% hit.

Dognan

Post by Dognan » August 24th, 2011, 4:41 pm

I have corrected some of the problems i had with my gear. Please check and see if i would be eligible to join the guild. I appreciate all the help and pointers.

Daghi

Post by Daghi » August 24th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Unleesss I'm missing something your armory looks good now. Talk to an officer in game for invite.

Benvolo

Post by Benvolo » August 29th, 2011, 11:45 am

I should have clarified what I said about reforging to mastery. We only reforge to mastery when we have enough haste to get a 4 stack ab to 1.0 sec under hero. So until you can get your hero ab to 1.0 seconds, it would be better to reforge to haste. I shouldn't have assumed that you already had enough haste.