Name (first name only if you prefer): Matt
Character Name: Worgtortle
Class: Warrior
Level: 85
Main Spec: Arms
Off Spec: Protection
Trade skills: Engineering
PvP or PvE focus? PvE

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying: yes
- Ranks: yes
- About Us: yes

What is your raid experience?
Former serious vanilla WoW raider up to Nefarian. Then some casual WotLK pugs (before Cataclysm release of course).

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I only joined the current guild so that I would stop getting other random guild invites.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Yes, Phaul and Voldemort.

How did you find out about our guild?
Phaul and Voldemort.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Worgtortle is my main, and I have two other 85s (Priest & Mage), which I just play those casually.

What are your play times?
Usually after work & dinner, so around 7pm-11:59pm

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I can attend the second or third group times. Preferably the second group for that 30min gap between my schedule to reduce chance of being late.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Of course, I understand that some things just has to be done and that there is nothing to take personal.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
To the best of my non-raiding abilities, yes.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flash of the Titanic Strength
- Well Fed: Beer-basted Crocolisk
- Potion: Golemblood Potion
Reason: Strength is my my prioritized stat, can't go wrong with boosting strength.

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
For melee, 8% hit and 26 expertise (for dodge purposes)

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
I usually get the bonus stat, and first prioritize by meeting hit/expertise cap, then I add additional mastery / crit

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Similar to my gemming, prioritize meeting hit/expertise cap, then get additional mastery / crit.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Favorite Boss: Ick & Krick from Pit of Saron (ICC5). Main reason: Gnomes sound hilarious :).
Highly anticipating: The new Ragnaros.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
Just DBM.

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
Because I haven't been actively raiding, I don't consistently read encounters, but my main source would be Tankspot videos.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... tle/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?
I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to raiding, and definitely don't prefer the drama that is ever-so-common.
I used to lead raids back in vanilla WoW, so I understand the difficulties of getting people to cooperate and listen.
Outside of raids, I'm usually pretty helpful too, so if a guildie asks for help and I'm not really doing anything, I'm more than willing to help out.
Just a normal guy :).

Daghi

Re: Raider - Arms Warrior - Worgtortle

Post by Daghi » August 17th, 2011, 10:14 am

Well I almost ginvited you on the spot based on your name. So you have that going for you. You need to get your boots, shoulders and legs enchanted as well as getting a belt buckle before we can invite you as a raider.

draven

Post by draven » August 17th, 2011, 10:51 am

just so you're aware, the tuesday / thursday group is generally full, so there probably wouldn't be a spot there. the third group is still a work in progress, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get that running consistently.

joobie

Post by joobie » August 17th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Too bad g2 is full cuz plate wearer + shout is exactly what we needed :(. He would make a great back-up tho.

mhuisi

Post by mhuisi » August 18th, 2011, 12:24 am

Well I almost ginvited you on the spot based on your name. So you have that going for you. You need to get your boots, shoulders and legs enchanted as well as getting a belt buckle before we can invite you as a raider.
Indeed Worgtortle is a great name :). Boots / shoulders / legs / belt are now enchanted/buckled, should be reflected on armory soon I hope.
just so you're aware, the tuesday / thursday group is generally full, so there probably wouldn't be a spot there. the third group is still a work in progress, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get that running consistently.
Too bad g2 is full cuz plate wearer + shout is exactly what we needed :(. He would make a great back-up tho.
Yeah I'm fine with whichever, I can wait if you guys want me as backup for G2, or wait for G3 assembly.

Thanks for such a fast response BTW :).

Crusher

Post by Crusher » August 19th, 2011, 9:43 am

Hey, I'm kinda late seeing this app since you are already in guild. The gems you have contain a lot of expertise/mastery some even have stamina. As arms you never want these stats in a gem. The only gems you'll ever want to use are Bold Inferno Ruby, Inscribed Ember Topaz and if you match a blue slot you should use Etched Demonseye. Your priorities for stats are Hit and Exp to caps then Str>Crit>Mastery>Haste (is trash avoid if you can). If you want an easy way to help you with reforging to get your hit/exp to caps without using gems you can use Askmrrobot.com. Askmrrobot.com works for any class/spec if others are interested :D you can tweak your weights if you want also very easily.