Forged Alliance in Pandaria

guild news, policies, and raid information
draven

Forged Alliance in Pandaria

Post by draven » September 25th, 2012, 12:19 am

greetings! welcome to pandaland, i hope everyone has fun leveling and exploring the new content! this thread will contain general information about guild policies and their evolution throughout pandaria. it will be updated whenever appropriate.

i've not much to say at the moment other than ranks have been reset. new requirements will be updated at some point and the weekly promotion invite will reappear on the calendar for those interested in raiding. if you're returning after an extended absence, you may find yourself ranked as inactive. if you would like to be promoted to member, please ask an officer. also, if you're going to make a panda and / or monk, please let an officer know from an in guild character before you randomly message someone seeking a ginvite.

i think that's it for now, as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / and / or pandaland fun times!

draven

Re: Forged Alliance in Pandaria

Post by draven » October 15th, 2012, 11:14 pm

greetings! i hope that everyone is enjoying pandaria and all of its wonderful dailies thus far. a couple updates:

raider rank requirements have been updated. there is a promotion event on the guild calendar for the 22nd, if you are interested in raiding please read the ranks thread and sign up when you meet the requirements. for my raid group, i intend to start limiting invites based on rank the week of the 29th. read this if you need some tips on how to get to ilvl 460ish. also, it should be noted that they hotfixed the justice gear to be a higher ilvl and it is not properly reflected on the armory, so i will be a bit lenient until that is fixed. auction house prices for some of the enchants are excessive at the moment, so don't worry about breaking the bank on pre-raid gear. however, most of the normal enchants are quite cheap due to people leveling enchanting, so you may want to stock up.

the guild bank shopping list has been updated for pandaria. my goal is to continue to provide feasts and flasks for all raiders, and this is the first step towards making that happen. the prices are loosely based on the auction house and my personal experiences so far. in the short term i will try to update them on a weekly basis to get them in line with the server economy as it settles down.

i think that's it for now, as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions and / or issues.

draven

Post by draven » October 23rd, 2012, 11:14 am

greetings! a few more updates:

the results of the first raider rank review were somewhat poor. for those that didn't pass, there is a thread in the raiders forum detailing issues with your gear. i realize that gearing up is a bit more difficult at the beginning of an expansion, so while i will be somewhat lenient on gear itself, i expect the proper enchants and gems on heroic dungeon gear and better. if you can't afford the expensive version of an enchant, use the cheap version for now. for those not aware, you can look up your character on the armory and click the advanced link at the top right and it will tell you what is missing in the character audit. if you aren't sure what enchants or gems you should be using, check out the class forums on elitist jerks, icy veins, or the blizzard site, or ask here or in game. the first few bosses are mostly reliant upon raid awareness, coordination, and execution, but elegon for example is much less forgiving for the undergeared and unprepared. there is a new raider rank event up for next week, please sign up only if your character meets the requirements. i'm not going to limit invites for g2 based on rank next week, but i might for the week of the 6th. i have little desire to limit our ability to raid because of rank requirements, but i also have little desire to limit our progression because we're carrying people.

to continue the preparedness theme, flasks (and feasts) will be provided starting this week. we'll start out by providing each raider six flasks a week and see how that goes. if people are slacking on meeting the raider rank requirements, i may use this as an incentive in that only raider ranked characters will be provided flasks, while everyone else has to bring their own.

the raid supplies tab of the guild bank has been cleared out for the most part. the gear listed in the guild bank tab above is still available, but i will likely get rid of it soon. if you want anything, you should request it sooner than later. also listed in the guild bank tab are mats we need for flasks and feasts if anyone wants to contribute. more information about that is in the guild bank shopping list thread.

i think that's it for now, as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions and / or issues. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » November 6th, 2012, 4:37 pm

greetings! flasks are now available to raider ranked characters in the 7th / bottom guild bank tab. these flasks are intended for guild raids only, and please take only what you need for each week. one stack / six flasks per person should be sufficient for most people, while alchemists should only need a stack two weeks out of three. you will not be provided flasks by the guild if you are not ranked as a raider, but you are still expected to be prepared for raids so you will need to bring your own. if you are not raiding, please do not steal flasks. if you abuse this privilege, you may be gkicked.

if you have any questions / comments / suggestions / whatever please let me know. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » March 5th, 2013, 9:57 am

greetings! 5.2 is upon us! it has been an interesting time in pandaland thus far. this expansion has not been kind to destromath alliance, which has affected us a great deal. we've lost a lot of people since the cataclysm and raid progression has been somewhat disappointing, but things are looking better due to joint raids with pinkbird mentalinstitute as well as random battle grounds picking up steam.

joint raids are still a work in progress. collectively we probably have a raid and a half of people, which obviously means that there will not always be a spot for everyone. i suspect it will still be a while before we figure out a good way to include everyone that wants to be involved, but the results are already apparent over the last couple weeks. after both being stuck on amber shaper un'sok for over a month, a combined raid was able to clear heart of fear and terrace of endless spring in 4 nights. combining our raid experience and resources should allow us to progress at a more reasonable rate this tier, and soon enough we may have to figure out how to deal with heroic mode lockouts. in the meantime, i request everyone's patience while we figure out the various issues presented by joint raids.

also, i would still like to clear heart of fear and terrace of endless spring in a guild raid, which may actually be necessary anyway, as we might be undergeared for the encounters in throne of thunder. it would also be nice to play with the t14 heroic modes at some point, so hopefully we can work on all this sometime or other.

finally, raider rank requirements have been updated. the new ilvl requirement is 480+, which matches the requirement for lfr. rather than demote everyone this tier and have people request a promotion again, i am going to check everyone currently ranked raider alt+ and demote only those that don't meet the new requirements. i will likely use a calendar event to track this, which you may ignore for the most part, although if you notice that you are listed as standby it means that the armory did not reflect your main spec gear, so please try to log out in your pve gear the next time you play.

i think that's it for now, i hope everyone enjoys the new content in 5.2, and as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » September 8th, 2013, 5:48 pm

greetings! after a fairly successful time in throne of thunder, it is time to move on to the siege of orgrimmar! raider rank requirements have been updated. the average ilvl requirement is now 500ish. i'll be checking characters monday evening so please try to make sure you are logged out in your pve gear.

i've not much to say else to say at the moment other than i'm curious to see how merged realms affect things. theoretically we will now be able to recruit enough people to resume running multiple raids if people are interested in doing so, so we'll see how it works out.

that is all for now, as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever. thanks!

draven

Post by draven » June 24th, 2014, 12:29 am

greetings! since this has not been updated since the beginning of siege of orgrimmar and things have changed a bit since then, i figured it was time for an update. we're almost back to having enough people for two groups again, although to this point group 3 has been somewhat random, neglected, and inconsistent, which i would like to change. on a somewhat related side note, the ilvl requirement for raider rank is now, and has been for a while, 520ish. this is relatively easy to obtain in a variety of ways that are now available to collect gear, but if you're having trouble meeting this feel free to ask for suggestions on where to fill in pieces you may be missing.

going forward, these are my goals for the groups:
group 2: i would like resume progression with the intent of killing heroic garrosh before 6.0, preferably much sooner. i would also like to return to officially raiding two nights a week, and now that i have a lockout at thok and garrosh, we should be able to do that while still getting a normal garrosh kill in every week. my current plan for tuesdays are to start on thok most weeks and work on blackfuse, then eventually paragons and garrosh. on thursday around 12:30 server we can skip to garrosh and be done for the week. i'm sure there is gear from earlier bosses that people still "need", but unless we hit a wall of some sort i'm not going to worry about such things. also, the roster for this group is set for the most part. i've heard rumor of people being discontent with not getting a spot in this raid, but that is going to happen when there are upwards of 15 people for 10 spots. the best way to fix that issue is to progress group 3.

group 3: assuming there is enough interest, i would like to expand this raid to two nights, being friday and monday. the goal for this group would be to full clear normal and potentially work on some heroics, and then eventually merge with group 2 to form a mythic capable group. however, this will require a relatively consistent roster dedicated to doing so, with people who are committed to learning their characters and developing their raid awareness. what i would not like to see is this group to just kill the first 6-8 bosses every week with an ever changing roster of people who lose interest because the group never progresses. while we generally have a bunch of alts capable of filling whatever roles are needed, i would also like to see this group mostly comprised of mains, but we'll see how that works out. also, the invites for this raid are restricted to raider alt+, so if you are interested but not ranked high enough, please sign up for the raider rank event and make sure that your character meets the requirements.

that is all for now, i know i've been mia quite a bit as of late, but as always please feel free to post any questions / comments / suggestions / issues / whatever. thanks!